Discussion Forum- Assessment OF Learning

Lesson 1.3

Lesson 1.3

by Malaika Hodelin -
Number of replies: 12

What information about whales learned in today's lesson did you find most interesting ?  What drew you to this information? 

20 words

In reply to Malaika Hodelin

Re: Lesson 1.3

by Jingyan (Yan) Luo -
Let me know whales can song duration is highly variable and sound travels 4 times faster in water than in air. The song forms from simplest to most complex and how whale produces sound --the respiratory system.

37 words

by Shangman Gao -
I think whales are able to sing is interesting for me. They can produce different kinds of sounds by their throats. What drew me to this information is that the video showed us different sounds and even a musical score, it attracted me most. Also, the video shows us how whales produce sounds and different meanings of different sounds. They are very interesting.

63 words

by Defeng (Mark) Wang -
I think it's interesting to me that whales are able to sing. They can make different types of sounds through their throats.

22 words

by Xinling (Poca) Wang -
I think the most interesting lesson I learned today was about how rescue workers help whales unhook fishing nets. As can be seen from the passage, most of them need to cooperate.

32 words

In reply to Xinling (Poca) Wang

by Jingzhe (Jessica) Shi -
Yes, exactly; like turtles, they cannot fix the plastic bags, which are defined as jellyfish by them in their stomach.

20 words

by Enting (Owen) Liu -
I really liked learning how whales talk to each other. They use cool sounds to chat across the big ocean. It's wild to think these huge animals can "talk" so far away. It's like how we talk, but underwater and way longer distances. Really makes you think how different creatures figure out their own ways to hang out and chat!

60 words

by Jingzhe (Jessica) Shi -
The article mentions, "The tangled whale may be far from where it was spotted." This statement intrigues me because it raises questions about how a whale, despite being entangled, can swim such long distances. Wouldn't this cause the whale significant pain?

41 words

by Xiyue (Serena) Shen -
I have learned about the unique way whales produce sounds and sing, which is different from most other mammals, ,it's very interesting.

22 words

by Yingjie (Jay) Huang -
The aspect of today's class that I found interesting was the complexity of whale communication, including their songs. People are often fascinated by this phenomenon because it illustrates the intellectual and social complexity of these animals, which in some ways rivals human behavior.

43 words

by Chengfeng (Bryan) Liu -
Among the information I found most interesting was the singing of whales, and I became interested after learning about the way these conservationists track whales.

25 words

by Sihan (Adeline) Chen -
This is the first time I know the call of whales, their voices are very peculiar, what I didn't expect is that they can also communicate with their companions through their voices

32 words